Bug #3226 - Server config settings don't save in Windows 7
- Related to: Feature #3242 - Show a list of available IP addresses and screen name on the main screen
Steps to reproduce:
- Usually clients connect to server when the server machine starts
- Sometimes (it appears to be randomly) the clients will not connect to the server
- I open Synergy on the server and notice that the server has not started
- I click "start" but get an error with the bind address
- I click edit/settings and notice that the "interface" address is wrong
- I realize that the server has reverted back to an old saved interface address that is no longer assigned by my DHCP
- I change the address (and other settings) back to what they should be
- Everything works OK until this process repeats itself at some other stage in the future
- I have reset the address and settings at least half a dozen times, I have saved the config under a whole heap of different names. It always reverts back to the old settings at some point in the future.
- Sometimes, just opening Synergy on the server machine will cause this revert to happen.
Expected: Synergy should keep using the last settings I put into it, even if I don't press "save configuration as"
Actual: Synergy randomly reverts to old settings at arbitrary times, even if I do use "save configuration as"
Versions (Synergy, OS):
Server: Windows 7 64 (1.4.8)
Client 1: Windows 7 64 (1.4.8)
Client 2: Mac OS X Lion (1.4.8)
Client 3: Ubuntu 12.04 (1.4.8)
Client 4: Ubuntu 12.04 (1.4.8)
I ran "regedit" on my server machine and searched for "synergy"
I found HKEYCURRENTUSER\Software\Synergy\Synergy has a whole pile of settings like "configFile", "interface", "logFilename" which have old settings. I manually edited the registry to change these settings. I don't know yet whether this will actally fix this bug. I will report back if it happens again
I think one way to reproduce this you change the settings but then forcefully exit the GUI.
Is it possible to expose the text-file configuration to the Windows build?
The GUI is failing to detect my mouse buttons properly (Both Mouse4 and Mouse5 get detected as Mouse4).
I have been trying to get back+forward working in OSX for a LONG time. It looks like Synergy mapping Mouse4 to Cmd+Left and Mouse5 to Cmd+Right is the ticket! I am so close!
I think getting the configuration out of qt-temp files in the Temp dir and the Registry would be a big step forward
Sorry, in OSX the standard back and forward shortcuts are Cmd+[ and Cmd+]. Those are the ones I want to bind to.