Feature #3163 - Make server/client setup possible from wizard
Problem: Users have to figure out how to use the GUI before they can get started. This is fine for adjusting the setup, but for first time users it can be a stumbling block.
Solution: Server and client wizard pages that guide you through the process (with the option to skip).
- Start your client installation.
- Enter 192.168.0.10 or bob-pc in the "server name" field.
- Each time client connects, they are automatically added to the config.
- User is told they can configure the layout afterwards.
- Make sure you start your server installation first, then come back.
- Server name: @[ ]@
- Shows connecting status or simple troubleshooting.
Other ideas: If it takes less effort, we could use a broadcasting service to advertise the server to waiting clients. If this is way more effort, we can leave this until later.