Bug #2701 - Linux client screensaver sync does not work
- Related to: Bug #28 - Windows monitor power save not working
- Related to: Bug #152 - Monitor power save not working as expected
- Related to: Bug #258 - Screen saver and low-power mode not activating on Win7 'server'
- Related to: Bug #347 - Display never goes to sleep on windows 7
- Related to: Bug #1404 - Monitor Does not enter power save
- Related to: Bug #1639 - Vista won't sleep
- Related to: Bug #1851 - screensaver doesn't work
- Related to: Bug #2230 - synchronizing with xscreensaver 2.21
- Related to: Bug #2624 - no sync with gnome-screensaver
- Duplicated by: Bug #1719 - Screensaver doesn't activate on Ubuntu server...
Steps to reproduce:
- Wait until server screensaver starts
Expected: Both screens go into screensaver mode.
Actual: Client (Ubuntu Lucid) does not go into screensaver mode.
Versions (Synergy, OS):
Server = Ubuntu Maverick
Client = Ubuntu Lucid
OK, so I have had a look at the bug tracker and there are some similar bugs however they mostly are old and seem to involve windows servers.
I have 2 ubuntu machines, server (Maverick) and client (Lucid), and as of upgrading the client machine to Lucid, this monitor will never go to sleep. So probably due to changes in the Xorg server as of Lucid
Prior to upgrading the client machine to Lucid, I believe it would sometimes stay awake if I left the cursor on the client screen, otherwise it would sleep fine.
most recent version I have seen this was 1.3.5 synergy+
Have reverted the server synergy version back to legacy 1.3.1 for the moment, due to 1.3.5 build, but this was happening pre-Maverick when server was Lucid and 1.3.5
Server machine current maverick
Client machine currently Lucid
I think this is a duplicate. Please specify the IDs of the similar bugs.
1436 - Effects windows (server), linux client works ok apparently
1019,182,29,1671,377 - windows only
288 - appears to effect server (win7) not the ubuntu client.
I cant find any exsiting bugs that report power save issues on linux clients.
Actually on further investigation this is caused by broken screensaver sync.
Since this was working fine pre-Lucid, would appear this has been caused by changed to Xorg or Xscreensave in this version of Ubuntu.
10 Sep 2010 10:27: Nick Bolton changed Title.
Ubuntu Client Monitor will never Sleep. Linux client screensaver sync does not work
I'm converting this into a bug, since all other related issues are Windows only. The bug appears to be a regression caused by the new version of Xorg or Xscreensave used in Ubuntu Lucid.
So is there any plans to fix this, it's really annoying?
My setup: Windows 7 64bit running 1.4.10 as server Fedora core 17 with 1.3.4-9.fc17 from fedora repo as client No screensavers, just powersaving
When synergy is not running on linux, both screens power down at 10 minutes of idle When synergy is running on linux, windows screens still power down but linux one stays on forever.