Does synergy show for you in the menu bar? It does not for me.
I ran the PC as a server and the windows firewall came up asking for access. I allowed it there and am working on it.
Here's what I did to get it working--
1. Do the firewall exception in windows for synergy program
2. Do this in the Server Configuration on the Mac
3. a. I have an external monitor attached to my mac. So add 2 screens for that. I called them xx-x and xx-x2. [Replace xx-x with your computer's name found in "sharing' in System preferences.]
b. Call your pc the name it has in computer properties. (right click computer name in start bar)
4. Open console through spotlight
5. keep an eye on synergy log - and look for what it says.
6. On the PC, use the IP address in the server field.
Maybe try restarting pc for the firewall exception to set in - it just took me a while for it to go through.
No need for server options or screen aliases on the mac. Use activity monitor to pay attention to synderd and synergys processes. If they are not running, switch them on by going into system preferences and clicking on turn synergy off/on.