I've been using Synergy 1.3.1 successfully in my home office for the past 2.5 years, and suddenly, two days ago, with zero change on my part (that I am aware of!) the configuration stopped working entirely.
The client is on my Mac and attempts to connect with my PC -- which has a fixed IP on my local network of 192.168.1.4 -- but does nothing.
I turn on debug logging on both machines and go information of note. Previously when I would run synergyc on my Mac, it would give me feedback on whether or not it was able to connect to the server. Presently, it just hangs.
I also tried upgrading my synergy server to 1.3.7. No effect.
Basically, I'm grasping at straws and also going a bit crazy. I'm so reliant on this software! Any recommendations on debugging the situation would be much appreciated.
asked 27 Jun '11, 15:11
Thanks for the reply, ecarrel.
I noticed that I was having pretty horrendous ping times on my local network from my Macbook Pro. I googled around a bit and found this thread:
Which seemed to discuss a similar and apparently very common problem with this year's MBP models. After perusing the thread a bit, and updating all my Mac OS X software, I found a tip suggesting that this:
"By default, in your System Preference > Network > AirPort > Advanced > TCP/IP, the setting for configuring IPv6 (Internet Protocol version 6) is set to "Automatic". I turned this to "Off"."
I changed it, my ping times dropped to normal and synergyc connected. Crazy!
answered 27 Jun '11, 23:43